Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Exercise and Diet - Body-wide benefits

Studies that have followed the health of large groups of people for many years, as well as short-term studies of the physiologic effects of exercise, all point in the same direction: A sedentary (inactive) lifestyle increases the chances of becoming overweight and developing a number of chronic diseases. Exercise or regular physical activity helps many of the body's systems function better and keeps a host of diseases at bay. According to the US Surgeon General's report, Physical Activity and Health (1), regular physical activity:
improves your chances of living longer and living healthier
helps protect you from developing heart disease or its precursors, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
helps protect you from developing certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer
helps prevent or control type 2 diabetes (what was once called adult-onset diabetes) MORE...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Clive said...

Thanks for the information. I am suffering from high blood pressure for a long time now. My doctor had recommended me some exercises to keep my blood pressure levels to normal. It helped me to maintain my blood pressure level is under control.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home